By Glenda Lewin Hufnagel
This can be the 1st vast research just about the cultural and social understandings of menstruation by way of monitoring its evolution over centuries. This learn examines the evolution of the organic, mental, sociological, and behavioral meanings of menarche and menstruation in dominant eu and European-American tradition from the Classical Greek interval throughout the early Twenty-First-Century. the result of this evolution have been used to discover the consequences for the menarcheal schooling of ladies. The learn exhibits the subsequent significant affects impacted the cultural building of menarche and menstruation: faith throughout the historic interval, medication through the smooth interval, and trade through the modern interval. The ebook means that academic reform during this region contain: non-dominant cultural global perspectives, intergenerational help, either female and male kinfolk, incorporated as a part of university coursework, contain group and non secular established academic facilities, and supply info addressing the wellbeing and fitness hazards and choices to advertisement items.
Read or Download A History of Women's Menstruation from Ancient Greece to the Twenty-First Century: Psychological, Social, Medical, Religious, and Educational Issues PDF
Similar physiology books
The simplest anatomy assessment on hand for students!
Learning anatomy and platforms of the physique is usually a tricky job for college kids at any academic point. One potent approach scholars frequently use to maintain advanced details is to perform the kinesthetic studying procedure.
Students of all types—medical college scholars, actual therapists, artwork scholars, or even yoga instructors—use anatomical coloring courses to assist complement their education. With the Kaplan clinical Anatomy Coloring ebook, scholars will make the most of lifelike illustrations, key notice experiences, explanatory paragraphs, and the top point of accuracy an anatomical advisor can provide.
The Kaplan clinical Anatomy Coloring booklet bargains scientific scholars the chance to profit via coloring specified sketches of structures of the physique and pairing those illustrations with corresponding labeling exercises.
Students may also make the most of:
• Over 450 exact and life like scientific illustrations, followed through labeling keys and exercises
• a transparent and descriptive evaluate of every representation, together with significant beneficial properties, key issues, coloring guidance, and exact microscopic perspectives of cells and tissues, in addition to fill-in-the-blank learn aids
• 15 chapters masking the most important physique structures, in addition to physiological info on cells, tissues, muscle mass, and development
• ninety six perforated, targeted illustrations of muscle mass to paint in a flashcard structure for easy and potent learning on-the-go
• Nomina Anatomica labels, the overseas commonplace of anatomical nomenclature
Detailed, stylish, and exact, the physique process illustrations and accompanying textual content during this consultant will turn out to be an integral part of any scientific student’s anatomical schooling. With the Kaplan scientific Anatomy Coloring ebook, now in its fourth variation, scholars becomes engaged whereas studying and dedicate this anatomical wisdom to their reminiscence for years to come!
Crucial verbal exchange mechanism among cardiac cells is electric transmission through low resistance pathways, the so-called hole junction channels. This booklet offers a complete assessment of what's recognized approximately cardiac hole junctions. An advent into a few of the elements of activation propagation and coupling within the middle is via a close description of the constitution and variety of hole junctions, together with amino acid sequences and species variability.
- Biology and neurophysiology of the conditioned reflex and its role in adaptive behavior
- Estrogens and Antiestrogens I: Physiology and Mechanisms of Action of Estrogens and Antiestrogens
- Tensors: the mathematics of relativity theory and continuum mechanics
- The Lying Brain: Lie Detection in Science and Science Fiction
Additional resources for A History of Women's Menstruation from Ancient Greece to the Twenty-First Century: Psychological, Social, Medical, Religious, and Educational Issues
114-137 Kriz, W. and Kaissling, B. (1992) Structural organization of the mammalian kidney. In: The Kidney: Physiology and pathology (eds. D. W. Seldin and G. Giebisch), Raven Press, New York. Michael, A. , Keane, W. , Vernier, R. L. and Mauer, S. , (1980) The glomerular mesangium. , 17, 141-154 Ryan, G. B. (1986) The glomerular filtration barrier. In C. J. ), Advances in renal physiology, Croom Helm, London and Sydney, pp. 1 If there is a small decrease in the glomerular filtration coefficient, K£, what will happen to the efferent arteriolar oncotic pressure if Problem 45 (a) there is filtration equilibrium?
Each kidney is about 12 cm long and weighs about 150 g. On the medial surface of each kidney (the concave surface) is a slit, the hilus, through which pass the renal artery and vein, the lymphatics, the renal nerve and the renal pelvis, which is the funnel-shaped upper end of the ureter. The blood supply to each kidney is usually a single renal artery arising from the abdominal aorta. However, there may sometimes be additional small vessels from superior mesenteric, adrenal, spermatic or ovarian arteries.
4) and there are cells of an intermediate type linking the two portions. The transport functions of the proximal tubule are primarily dependent on the pars convoluta cells. J1 ea~~ other at the luminal side (the tight junction), but there are gaps between the cells lateral intercellular spaces - at the peritubular side. 4). There are some differences in the transport properties of the early proximal tubule (pars convoluta), compared with later parts (pars convoluta and pars recta), particularly in relation to cr transport (see below).
A History of Women's Menstruation from Ancient Greece to the Twenty-First Century: Psychological, Social, Medical, Religious, and Educational Issues by Glenda Lewin Hufnagel