By Paul Deitel
The pro programmer’s Deitel® consultant to cellphone and pill app improvement utilizing Android™ 6 and Android Studio Billions of apps were downloaded from Google Play™! This booklet supplies every little thing you must commence constructing nice apps fast and getting them released on Google Play™. The e-book makes use of an app-driven approach–each new know-how is mentioned within the context of 8 absolutely coded and confirmed Android apps, whole with syntax shading, code highlighting, code walkthroughs and pattern outputs. Apps you’ll strengthen comprise:
- Welcome App
- Cannon online game
- Tip Calculator
- climate Viewer
- Flag Quiz
- Twitter® Searches
- handle Book
Practical, Example-Rich insurance of:
- Android 6, Android Studio: Gradle™, Vector Asset Studio, subject matter Editor
- Material layout App Templates and Themes
- AppCompat Library, Android layout help Library, RecyclerView, FloatingActionButton, TextInputLayout
- Material layout Elevation and Icons
- REST internet Services/JSON, Threading, SQLite™ Database, Android 6 Permissions
- Cursors, Loaders, ContentProviders
- Supporting numerous reveal Sizes/Resolutions
- Accessibility, Internationalization
- Activities, Fragments, Intents, Preferences
- GUIs, Layouts, Menus, source documents, occasions, Touch/Gesture Processing, photos, Audio, pics, Animation
- Immersive Mode, PrintHelper
- Google Play™ shop, App Publishing, Pricing, advertising and marketing, In-App advertisements, In-App Billing, digital items and more
- Download code examples
- For information on Deitel’s Dive Into® sequence programming education classes, stopover at www.deitel.com/training or write to email@example.com
- Follow the Deitels on Facebook® at facebook.com/DeitelFan, Twitter® at @deitel, Google+™ at google.com/+DeitelFan, LinkedIn® at bit.ly/DeitelLinkedIn, YouTube™ at youtube.com/DeitelTV
- Subscribe to the Deitel ® Buzz e-mail e-newsletter at www.deitel.com/newsletter/ subscribe.html
About This ebook
The first-generation Android telephones have been published in October 2008. As of June 2015, Android had 82.8% of the worldwide telephone marketplace percentage, in comparison to 13.9% for Apple and 2.6% for Microsoft (http:// www.idc.com/prodserv/smartphone-os-market-share.jsp). Billions of apps were downloaded from Google Play and a couple of billion Android units have been shipped around the world in 2014 (http://www.cnet.com/news/android-shipments-exceed- 1-billion-for-first-time-in-2014/). The possibilities for Android app builders are enormous.
This booklet offers modern computing applied sciences for pro software program builders. on the middle of the e-book is the Deitel app-driven approach–concepts are offered within the context of entire operating Android apps, instead of utilizing code snippets. The creation and app try drives at the start of every bankruptcy exhibit a number of pattern executions. The book’s resource code is accessible at http://www.deitel.com/books/AndroidFP3.
The apps during this e-book have been rigorously designed to introduce you to key Android positive aspects and APIs. You’ll speedy research every little thing you want to begin development Android apps–beginning with a test-drive of the top Calculator app in bankruptcy 1, then development one new app in each one of Chapters 2 via nine. by the point you succeed in bankruptcy 10, you’ll have the ability to create your personal apps for submission to Google Play and different app marketplaces. You’ll grasp the Google Play submission technique, together with importing your apps. You’ll come to a decision even if to promote your apps or provide them at no cost, and how you can marketplace them through social media and monetize them with in-app ads, in-app billing, digital items and more.
Read Online or Download Android 6 for Programmers: An App-Driven Approach PDF
Best tablets & e-readers books
Spark your curiosity in Kindle hearth HDX and begin burning via books, video clips, tune, and extra with this bestselling advisor! The Kindle fireplace HDX is Amazon's finest pill. With its new, extra robust Android working process, this most up-to-date model has a few intriguing bells and whistles in addition to the beneficial properties that experience made the hearth a capsule fan favourite: entry to the fantastic Amazon Appstore, on-line tune garage, a wide song and video shop, an important booklet library, and simple one-step ordering from Amazon.
It really is an unavoidable proven fact that smartphones can, and do, holiday. once they do, humans are looking to get them repaired, yet usually your best option they've got is to take their gadget again to anywhere they bought it from and feature the service provider go back it to the producer. This means of sending it away, having it repaired, and sending it again can take days, or occasionally weeks if the fault is critical, and this is often troublesome and inconvenient for the landlord.
This can be the 1st center information e-book to totally replicate Apple’s most modern platform concepts, together with its dramatic fresh advancements to iCloud help. Hands-on from begin to end, it teaches you step by step as you create a contemporary data-driven iOS app utilizing Storyboards, ARC, iOS 7, and Xcode five. Tim Roadley introduces new styles and top practices designed to beat the frustrations of middle facts improvement.
This short ebook specializes in utilizing Appium for automation on either Android and iOS structures. find out how Appium is applied in Java and built-in with instruments resembling TestNG, Cucumber, Maven, Jenkins and Selenium Grid to create try automation frameworks. With those frameworks, you could try out cellular Apps on simulators or actual units and create CICD pipelines.
- Podcasting For Dummies
- Droid Companion
- Advanced iOS 4 Programming: Developing Mobile Applications for Apple iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
- Pro jQuery Mobile
- BlackBerry Application Development For Dummies
Additional info for Android 6 for Programmers: An App-Driven Approach
It’s easiest to create AVDs in Android Studio once you already have a project open in the IDE. 9. Setting Up an Android Device for Testing Apps Testing apps on Android devices tends to be quicker than using AVDs. In addition, recall that there are some features you can test only on actual devices. html If you’re developing on Microsoft Windows, you’ll also need the Windows USB driver for Android devices that you installed earlier in this Before You Begin section. In some cases on Windows, you may also need the manufacturer’s device-specific USB drivers.
6. Click OK, then click Close. 7. Click Check for Update again. 8. The IDE will check for updates and tell you whether there are updates to apply. 9. Click Update and Restart to install the latest Android Studio version. If you’ve previously opened a project in Android Studio and did not close the project, the IDE skips the Welcome to Android Studio window and opens the last project. In this case, you can access the Updates dialog on a Mac via Android Studio > Check for Updates… or on Windows/Linux via Help > Check for Update….
Apps can respond to pressure-sensitive interactions from a Bluetooth stylus—for example, in a drawing app, pressing the stylus against the screen harder could result in a thicker line. Now on Tap New permissions model Fingerprint authentication App linking Automatic backup Direct Share Voice Interaction API Bluetooth stylus support Fig. html). 11 lists some popular free and fee-based apps in various categories. You can download apps through the Play Store app installed on your Android device. com then specify the Android device on which to install the app.
Android 6 for Programmers: An App-Driven Approach by Paul Deitel